Android rooting in 2022
Xiaomi phones are very easy to unlock to bootloader.
- You need Windows and to wait 168 hours
Get root access with Magisk
- Download stock firmware (you need the fastboot version) here
- Extract the stock firmware and find
boot.img, move it to the device
- Install the Magisk Manager apk
- Open Magisk and patch
- Move back this
boot.img to a PC and flash boot.img with fastboot
- Reboot and open Magisk to see if you have root
Pass safety net
- Install YASNAC to check the SafetyNet status
Cool functionalities enabled by root
- De bloater. Remove system packages systemless-ly.
- Best feature? In case something bad happens and your phone bootloops (happened to me when I tried to remove the MIUI updater), just boot a recovery via
fastboot, open a shell there and remove
- AFWall+, fine tune the network access for every app, even in Whitelist mode.
- FF Updater, install and update free browsers (ungoogled chromium, bromite, firefox)
- Battery Charge Limit, stop charging the battery on the set limit
- FreezeYou, freeze apps
To get access to a root shell via
com.android.shell in the Superuser tab of Magisk.